Starting a new diet is never easy, but it can be enjoyable if you have a list of tasty foods that you can eat. Instead of eating salads for every meal, try incorporating these nutritious and low-fat foods into your daily meal plan.
- Almonds. Almonds make a great alternative to other, more fattening crunchy snacks. They’re high in healthy fats that will leave you feeling full, and they’re easy to take with you for a midday snack.
- Leafy greens. While vegetables might not seem like the most exciting food, by preparing them in a variety of different ways, they can be quite delicious. Try sauteing dark, leafy greens like kale, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, and collard greens with herbs and spices.
- Black beans. Black beans are packed with protein and add a boost of flavor and fiber to salads, stir fries, and rice bowls.
- Salmon. Protein-packed salmon helps to boost muscle growth, promotes weight loss, and does it all with less fat than red meat.
- Grapefruit. Eating half a grapefruit before each meal is proven to help you lose up to one pound each week, mainly because it contains a compound that can lower insulin.
- Pears. Pears contain 15 percent of your recommended daily fiber in their skin alone, and they are proven to help you lose weight.